Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Quote of the Day

Just a few minutes ago I finished listening to the panel discussion/gigglesnort between the speakers who were at the Together for the Gospel conference some weeks ago in Kentucky. Glad I listened all the way to the end because CJ Mahaney closed the time by citing out of nowhere his favorite Richard Sibbes quote.

"There is more mercy in Christ than sin in us."

Wow, that got me. Snuck right up through my spine and out my eyes. Did you feel it? Read it again.

I think it's time to read Richard Sibbes, The Bruised Reed.

1 Comments:

Blogger isaiah543 said...

Richard Sibbes wasn't from Kentucky! Oh wait, you mean the conference.

BTW, if you ever get a chance to hear CJ Mahaney speak, do it. He'll make you laugh and cry with his message of grace.

He was a hippie who dropped out of high school after taking his SAT on LSD. The way he says it now in polite company: "I had a background in pharmaceuticals before the Lord called me...yeah, I was more in the research end of things."

http://www.sovereigngraceministries.org

2:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home